Who can join the library?
The libraries are funded largely by rates and this entitles all Matamata-Piako residents to free membership to all our libraries. Free membership is also available to residents of our neighbouring districts and cities.
How to join
To join you need to complete a registration form (taking responsibility for all charges incurred on your account), agree to the terms of membership and provide the following:
- Personal identification with your full name and signature
eg, Passport, NZ Drivers License, Bank/Credit Card, Student ID
- Proof of your residential (not postal) address
eg, Rate Demand, Power or Telephone Account, Bank Statement
- Alternate contact person with phone number
- If you are under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian will need to come in with you to sign and take responsibility for your library account (not required if you are between 16 – 18 and married or living independently of your guardians)
Digital Only Memberships
Digital Only memberships are available to members of our district who wish to access our digital materials only i.e. e-books and other online resources.
- for Matamata-Piako residents only – please supply a valid Matamata-Piako home address
- photo ID and proof of address not required
- to upgrade to a full membership at a later stage (to borrow books, magazines, DVDs…) just visit any branch with ID and proof of address and we can convert your membership.
Join the Library Online