Exhausted your favourite authors and don't know what to read next? We've got some suggestions to help you find your next great read:
- Search the catalogue: Did you know that you can find your next great read by clicking on the 'More information' button underneath the details of a book you've already read?
This will provide you with suggested reads, subject tags and much more ...
- Come one of our book clubs! Te Aroha library hosts a book club on the 1st Friday of every month and Morrinsville library hosts a book club on the 3rd Thursday of every month. Come along to hear about good books others are reading or share your thoughts on something you've read.
- Ask a librarian! We all like to read and are always happy to share some of our favourites with you.
- Library Extension - a Chrome Extension that allows you to instantly see if a book is in our Libraries. With a click of a button you can view the item in our catalogue and place a hold if available. Click HERE for instructions on adding Library Extension to your browser.
- Literature Map - if you've got a favourite author (or six), just go to literature map and type in their name - the site will then create a map of similar/recommended authors. We love it!
- Goodreads - Goodreads is the largest site for readers and book recommendations in the world. They aim to help people find and share books they love - and they're pretty good at it too. (Compatible with Library Extension)
- Fantastic Fiction - Fantastic Fiction is home to information on over 350,000 books. It's one of the best sites for finding new and popular fiction titles in a series or by a particular author. (Compatible with Library Extension)